Wednesday 13 March 2013

Why I’m Miserables.....

Guess what? They’ve made a film of Les Miserables! With Hollywood stars and everything!

Yes, excuse me if I’m not quite up to speed at the moment, I had a baby three months ago – enough said. However, recently I saw my chance to get back with the programme and take my little one along to a parent-and-baby screening.

Gosh I was excited. This is something I’d always liked the sound of, and meant to do with my first baby four years ago. But finally, me and another friend with a recently delivered bundle of joy had sussed the date and time, made sure our older ones were in extended childcare and were even planning to go for a late lunch afterwards – well it was the week of my birthday.


I flounced around the night before, getting ready. Carefully chosen wannabe yummy mummy thrown-together clothing? Tick. Early night (as soon as the baby nodded off I jumped into bed, regardless of the fact rest of the house was still awake)? Tick.

Before snuggling down, I quickly checked online for how to get there and parking.
Horror of horrors.....the screening had been THAT DAY, not the next.
This had to have been the cruellest case of baby brain yet.

I rang my friend in the morning and as it turned out she’d hurt her back doing Zumba and couldn't drive. So it really wasn’t meant to be. Still, we’d dreamed a dream......

Any baby brain stories you’d like to share? Go on, cheer me up......

3 comments:

  1. An outstandіng shаre! Ӏ've just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me dinner because I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this topic here on your blog.

    Take a look at my weblog - garden center magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share. My baby brain calamity story happened a few months ago. After many nights of almost zero sleep, i was feeding my little rascal in his seat in the kitchen. While singing 'Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' (the only song that will make him open his mouth to feed) i decided to also start the washing up so turned the taps on.............and then forgot.
    The water had filled the sink, washed over the side and the tide was coming in, over my feet before i realised. Note to self......no multi tasking with zero sleep - it makes for a very damp morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nearly done that before now! The temptation to overreach myself on the multi-tasking front often gets me into trouble :)
      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete